Tuesday 5 June 2007

Wan / Lan Router routed

Last night while I was happily surfing along, my router, an Alcatel SpeedTouch 510, lost its connection. This happens every now and then and it's a simple reboot of the Wan / Lan router to get going again. Last night was a different story. The router was very hot to the touch and instead of rebooting, one of its green led lights started blinking red. This morning, the router had cooled down considerably, but it did not reboot at all. A call to the ISP helpdesk confirmed what I already thought. The router is bereft of live, has ceased to exist and has gone to meet its maker.

So now I need to get myself a new one and hopefully I can recall the settings, especially the password that allows access to the DSL network of my ISP. I'll find out tomorrow.


Zaaf

No comments: