Thursday 12 June 2008

Running out of Power (book)

Last night, my trusty PowerBook decided to kernel panic on me. And now every app I open results in a segmentation fault. This is not so good. It seems that after only 6.3 years it's already running out of power. Maybe I can resurrect it by installing Tiger afresh onto it. And maybe I can salvage my ~/Library by booting it in Target Firewire mode and connecting it to my Mac Pro, but that's not very likely. If only Apple showed new MacBook Pros during the Stevenote at WWDC. It would make the decision much easier.

On the other hand I get a Lenovo Vistaster laptop from my work to use everywhere, so maybe I can use that at home for surfing on the couch.

We'll see,

Zaaf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think 6 years is good for a laptop. Besides, any computer that old is near to useless. So why not buy a nice MacBook, or an EeePC? They are really neat, and the EeePC is real value for money.

Zaaf said...

tsa, You are right. The PowerBook 667MHz with 16MB ATI Radeon video card was nearly to slow to run YouTube videos. And since nearly all of the web is made up of flash these days, time has come to move on.