Tuesday 8 May 2007

Odd Lost

Finally, after what must be at least three years, We've started watching the TV-series Lost. I borrowed the DVD-set and everytime my wife and I are both in the livingroom and have time to watch TV, we pick the next episode. We've been doing this since early March 2007 and we've just covered episode 20. Only four or five to go before we're done with it.

It's a nice way to spend 42 minutes together, where my wife and I both comment on things that seem a bit improbable. For instance on last nights episode, Jack wanted to do a blood transfusion, but he couldn't find a needle. However he did have the tubes to transport the blood through. Odd.
And the way peoples hair is always orderly and they way their clothes are much neater than ours would be after two months in the jungle without much change of clothes. That's odd too.

But I'm sure that these are all old criticisms.

In related news there was a note in the local TV Guide that the ending of Lost is now known and that it will take at least three more seasons before the end. This means that after we've finished watching season 1, we have to sit through seasons two to six before we're done. I don't think that we can hold out that long. To put it a bit stronger, I hereby predict that we will not watch season two or later as our feeling is that it will get weirder and weirder. In a way it's a bit like Twin Peaks. Twin Peaks was a nineties TV show where everyone had some dark secret. Season one was interestingly entertaining, but season two became just weird. This is our main reference point as it is the previous series my wife and I watched together. The big difference is that we watched Twin Peaks when it aired, and we have time-shifted Lost.

No comments: