Sunday 27 May 2007

Wii wait for Fathers day

Yesterday while I was out driving the old TV to the local dump site, my wife took the kids to the toy store to fetch the Wii. This is something my wife promised me to get me for Fathers day, which we celebrate Sunday, June 17th. When they got back, I was already at home doing something in the attic and it was interesting to see and hear what story the kids had come up with to keep the Wii a secret for me. It turned out that they were out buying lots of batteries for their toys and that the large packet they brought home was for someone else.
At diner my son asked how long our GameCube would last and I said that it would be at least two years before I would replace it with its successor, the Wii. Whereupon my son said that he could live with that.

Strange how we lie and cheat to our children, all in the name of raising them.

Now the aggravating wait begins. It's three weeks before I can open the box and connect my Wii to our new TV set. In the mean time, I think I need a new wireless router so I can connect the Wii to the internet. And when I buy one, I think I'm going for the Apple Airport Extreme in combination with the Apple TV.
There's a lot to look forward too.


Zaaf

No comments: