Wednesday 6 June 2007

DS Healed

Two weeks ago, my son broke my Nintendo DS. Last Friday, I finally had the time to send it to Nintendo and yesterday, only four days later, I received it back, for free. And the L and R buttons aren't coloured slightly pink like mine and I'm missing a few familiar scratches on the outside. So it seems I got a brand new DS from Nintendo, for free. It was replaced under warranty. I'm impressed both by the fact that I got a replacement and by the speed of their service: I sent it on Friday, they received it on Monday and I received a replacement unit on Tuesday.

Now I need to teach my kids how to use it without the screen opened up completely. And I need to take it with me more for my daily commute. Practice a bit on my Starfox Command.

Zaaf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm an adventure game fan. There are a few excellent adventures out for the DS I heard. I saw today the DS Lite is 133 euros at Media Markt. Is there a difference between a 'normal' DS and a DS lite? Or are they all called 'lite' and is there no 'normal' DS? And is it worth buying the machine just for playing adventure games?


Cheers, tsa

Zaaf said...

tsa,

The DS Lite is a more powerful version of the DS. It is smaller, has better WiFi and a better screen. And your GBA cartridges stick out a bit when you put them in the DS Lite.

My wife is going to buy Final Fantasy III when it is released. I'll keep you posted on that.

Zaaf